Using the novel technology of phase only laser holography, Envisics is developing a raft of automotive products that are already revolutionizing the in-vehicle experience. The first product that has utilised this technology has now exceeded 150,000 units in production and appears in many Jaguar Land Rover vehicles. This generation 1 laser holographic Head Up Display, (HUD), has paved the way in proving the technology’s use In a mass production product.
Envisics is already well along the path of developing the next generation of laser holographic HUDs and also other products that will leverage the unique capabilities of the technology. Envisics is now looking to expand its engineering team and we are currently looking for a broad-skilled, multi-disciplined and adaptable FPGA Engineering to join our team.
For anyone who seeks new challenges, this role presents the chance to join a small and focused HDL design team of dedicated professionals that complement each other to cover a wide area of expertise. This is an opportunity to become a valued member of a team that prides itself through due diligence and dedication. Always striving to excel and produce first-class results. The type of person we would like to join our team, to further strengthen and enhance our capability, is someone who believes that technology progression and development is a contact sport.
Having the willingness and confidence to take part in debating technology and the problems/issue at hand to deliver the best possible solutions for the processing architecture which will power our Holographic AR HUD technology. The ability to visualize and think in hardware terms, HW-building blocks, foundations and concepts is a fundamental requirement.
In this role you will be given a unique chance to develop your creativity and bring innovative ideas to the table that will drive the development and performance of our Holographic AR HUD and the technology behind it.
- Participate in and constructively contribute to HDL RTL architecture definition and design.
- Take functional and logic specifications/descriptions into HDL synthesisable implementations.
- Transform conceptual behaviour analysis into HDL implementation.
- Define, design and implement simulation and test environments.
- Drive simulation, test and verification of components and sub-systems up to complete systems.
- Be part of and take the lead in performing bench-top and bread-board testing of both sub- and full HDL systems up to fully functional AR Head Up Displays.
- Take part in and conduct design reviews.
- Collaborate with the electronics design team.
- Correlate with the software engineers.
- Interact with the photonics and holographic research teams
Key experience & skills
- VHDL [Required]
- Altera/Intel FPGAs [Required]
- Altera/Intel FPGAs and tools (Quartus) [Required]
- HDL simulation and test/verification (Modelsim/Questa) [Required]
- DDR3 memories and Avalon busses
- Timing constraints, timing closure, input and output timing SDC-files
- Experience with 3rd party IP simulation models
- Experience interfacing external chips and devices
- Qsys experience
- High speed design
- Design utilizing 3rd party IP blocks
- Source synchronous interfaces
- Multi-clock domain designs
- Basic Computer Architecture
- Fundamental of Computer Arithmetic
- Basic conceptual understanding of electronics design
- Programming languages C, C++, C#
- Ability to clearly communicate abstract and implicit concepts
Desired but not essential experience
- ASIC design flow
- Structural ASICs
- Tcl/Tk or other scripting language
- Assembler programming
- Verification tools (functional & formal)
- Serial protocols
- Practical exposure to the analogue reality of electronics (including using oscilloscopes and logic analysers)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 4-6 years of HDL—FPGA design and implementation experience
- Any ASIC design flow experience is beneficial
- Someone who believes that technology progression and development is a contact sport.
Having willingness and confidence to take part in debating technology, the problem/issue at hand in order to deliver the best possible feasible solution.
- The right candidate will have and be able to demonstrate an Interest and/or passion for Logic and Hardware design.
- Being methodical in approach to problem solving, analysis, design-implementation and testing.
- Show willingness and drive to find the optimal solution whilst still being prepared to with the same energy and ambition, optimize for a feasible implementation.
- The ideal candidate should have the capability to talk Hardware to the Hardware & Electronics groups and speak Software with software developers.
- Transform conceptual behaviours analysis into HDL implementations.
- Ability to think and visualize in hardware terms, HW-building blocks, structures and concepts
Envisics is focused on delivering relevant, robust and scalable Holographic and AR technology for the Automotive Industry. Our ultimate mission is to provide a safer, more enhanced driver experience through our holographic technology. We strongly believe that this mission will be accomplished through a strong work ethic, a culture that encourages teamwork, swift innovation, a diligent focus on customer needs and execution to achieve commitments.
Envisics is headquartered in Milton Keynes, England, and also has a team of world class Engineers in Michigan, U.S.A.
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated and growing team, to find out more please contact: