Envisics is looking for a Sr. System Engineer to join our growing Engineering team! In this role you will collaborate with a multidiscipline team to develop robust and scalable Holographic and AR technology solutions for the Automotive Industry. At Envisics, you will need to have the ability to excel in a fast-paced start-up environment where novel ideas, designs, and methods are constantly being developed and tested.
- Provide full system support in the research and design of holographic Augmented Reality Heads up Display (AR HUD) products for Automotive.
- Design, develop, and test system architecture design solutions for AR HUD and LiDAR PoC’s to implement laser holographic solutions
- Interface and partner with both Engineers and Researchers in facilitating an iterative process
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Support root cause & trouble shooting investigations
- Support development testing & evaluation.
- Support specification, DFMEA, FMA, & other quality systems.
- BS in an engineering discipline (EE preferred) and/or 5+ years of experience in System Engineering
- Practical hands-on experience designing, evaluating, troubleshooting HW/SW PoC development
- Experience troubleshooting electronics, wiring, soldering, checking vehicle instrumentation and verifying prototype performance
- Experience with measurement equipment – Oscilloscope, Multimeter
- Experience with communication protocols: CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, USB
- Availability to occasionally travel to support system design, development, or installation efforts
- Able to build appropriate rapport, actively listening and building constructive relationships
Preferred skills and experience
- Desired experience with Optics / HUD
- Experience with MATLAB and/or Python
- Experience with Vector CAN HW & SW tools
- Experience with testing methodologies (manual and/or automated)
- Experience with requirements linking and test case coverage in DOORs or other
- Experience analysing requirements and creating technical presentations for automotive RFQ process
- Experience with face-to-face customer demo, vehicle testing, technical Q&A
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle, with experience in agile methodologies
- Confident in participating in client and supplier meetings, with a diplomatic and methodical approach in resolving issues
Envisics is focused on delivering relevant, robust and scalable Holographic and AR technology for the Automotive Industry. Our ultimate mission is to provide a safer, more enhanced driver experience through our holographic technology. We strongly believe that this mission will be accomplished through a strong work ethic, a culture that encourages teamwork, swift innovation, a diligent focus on customer needs and execution to achieve commitments.
Envisics is headquartered in Milton Keynes, England, and also has a team of world class Engineers in Michigan, U.S.A.
This is a great opportunity to join a dedicated and growing team, to find out more please contact: